Unless you live in a small one-bedroom apartment, it is always wise to hire a removal service for the entire task of moving from one home to another. There are quite a few good services in every city, but how do you choose one? We have enlisted a few pointers that may come handy.
- First things first, ask around. Your neighbors, friends and colleagues may know a few known companies in the city. References are useful to a large extent, but if you don’t have any, check online to find online listings.
- Ask for quotes. Removal services are not cheap sadly, and there are many companies that just look for new ways to charge customers. The best idea is to ask for quotes, which gives a fair idea of what’s included and what’s not.
- See their approach. Every home is different. Removal costs for a large six-bedroom penthouse would be very different than a small apartment. A professional company like agjacobandson.co.uk will send their experts and check the work, before giving an estimate.
- Check the basic things. Is the company licensed? Do they have insurance? Removals and moving from one place to another can lead to damages, and unless the company has insurance, you will have to deal with the losses.
- What about their workers? If a company hires day laborers, you should steer clear of them in the first place. Bonded and insured workers have experience and are often trained on the job. Ask the concerned company about this aspect and how they select their staff and employees.
- Read the terms and conditions. The scope of their contract largely determines the price, and therefore, you should read all the relevant terms. Make sure that there’s no scope for hidden charges. At the end of the day, you need to be assured of good assistance, and for that, transparency in the service agreement counts.
- Do you need additional insurance? Keep in mind that the general liability of the removal service will be pretty limited, and therefore, if you have a lot of expensive belongings, you might want to need to talk to your insurer.
Finally, do read reviews online. Known services will have testimonials on their website, and in most cases, you can expect to get client references on request. Service feedback from other customers tells a lot about the overall goodwill of the company.